Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 1 of my diet :)

After my post on here about me going on my hcg diet I got some fb messages asking me about it. So I thought, what the heck, school for the boys doesn't start until September 6th so I can use this next month to blog about my diet! Why not? It's a great way for me to share how it works and keep track of my progress all at once!

I got my package in the mail today and got a nice little surprise. I had ordered one 1oz. bottle but I got two 2oz. bottles! I called and they said I could keep them both! Even though it wasn't my mistake, I feel really bad for the lady that got my order, sorry Donna in New York! But they assured me they would make it right with her and give her something for the mixup. So, now I can put one bottle away. It's good til 2/13. And the bottle I have to use is twice the size I was expecting so I can lose a few extra pounds I hadn't planned on. :)

These first two days are called "loading days." You take the drops 3x a day starting today but these first two days you eat high calorie foods like fries, ice cream, burgers, bacon, eggs, cookies, chips,etc...this sounds wierd but it is really important. You'll gain a few lbs. from this but you lose it by day 4. (The guide says this helps to aid in hunger the first few days starting on day 3 when you eat way less.) I remember last year when I did this for the first time I thought this sounded so stupid. To spend 2 days eating whatever I wanted? But, honestly, starting on day 3 I lost a pound a day for the remainder of my diet. In total, I lost almost 22 lbs. in a month.

The reason I'm doing it again is not because the diet didn't work, it did! But, I got lazy and went back to eating/drinking things I knew I shouldn't. I had given up ALL soda for about 5 months...and then one evening I thought it wouldn't hurt to have just one Dr. Pepper. Then slowly I told myself it was okay to have one soda a week, then one every few days, then eventually I was back to almost one soda a day. Also, I am a really bad "night eater." I have a really bad problem with snacking at night after all the boys go to bed and I'm reading or watching a movie. I had done so good and breaking this habit last summer...but slowly I fell back into it again. I've gained back a little over 1/2 of what I lost a year ago. I'm still proud of myself for keeping off those other pounds but very disappointed that I didn't stick with my goals I had set for myself.

Plus, last year I had told myself once my diet was through I was going to join the gym here on base. But that never happened. I've told myself, this time I WILL be joining the gym and continue my running at night. After my diet finished last summer I felt better. I was drinking LOTS of water, I had more energy, I slept at night, etc...I want to get back to that.

I know not everyone agrees with this diet but I have done my research and I have spoken with my doctor. For me, it worked last year so I have every confidence it will work this time as well and I plan to follow through with my goals after the diet is complete.

If anything, I hope my blogging about this will give those who are interested in trying it but not sure an idea of how it works and decide if it's something they want to try.

I've debated putting my actual numbers on here but just can't do that. lol I will, however, put how many lbs. I lose or gain every day. Maybe, if I'm happy with the outcome, I will divulge the numbers at the end. :)

The websites listed below are where I went to calculate my BMI and make sure I was getting my measurements right.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2307504_measure-waist.html
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-get-your-body-measurements.html
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

This is my first day! I've started my drops and so far I've had a pretty good sized hamburger and bbq chips and iced tea. (We were up late so slept in and missed breakfast lol) Having a snack when I'm done on here :)

Wish me luck!!

Jenny :)

No comments: