Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A little bit of everything...

Well, I had a great girls night out on Saturday! I decided that since I was doing good with my diet I would enjoy myself a tensy bit. :) I paid for it a bit but I'm back on track as of today! lol I know if I would have stuck to my diet I would be a few more pounds down now but it as a great night and well worth it! Just a side note to add. If you haven't seen The Help, GO SEE IT!!!!! I loved it! It made me laugh and cry, but I laughed way more than I cried!

I will be finished with my diet by Friday, September 2nd and I feel very confident that I will reach the goal I set for myself. I've done surprisingly good at not craving any soda. (I didn't have any on girls night out, just lemon water.) I would say my main craving, if you want to call it that, has been for a big homecooked meal! You would think it would be for something sweet but I haven't really craved for anything sweet, which has been a good thing! lol I've still been cooking for Chris and the boys so that has been the hard part, not eating what I'm making them. But I've done very good at not giving in.

I've decided to give something a try that I've never done before but I've heard a lot about. It's called Once A Month Cooking. I thought about doing it once before but with work and the boys it would have been really hard. I didn't want to give up half my weekend for cooking. But since I'm not working right now I don't necessarily have to do it on a weekend. I can do it during the week if I want. I found a really good website that gives you lots of options and has everything there for you to print out. You just enter the number of people you will be cooking for and it figures up the numbers for you. I'll put the link at the bottom. I'm not big on having to cook every night and when I cook I tend to snack on the food I'm making. lol It would be nice to just cook one, maybe two, days and then put it all in the freezer. Then just pull something out every day and popping it either in the over or microwave. (and not snacking on it since it's already made would cut down on all that extra food I'm eating just because...) It may not work but why not at least give it a try?

The boys are getting anxious to start school. The first day is 6 September. I got a call last week from their new teacher. Yes! They are all getting the same teacher! I was so excited about that! She is certified through 8th grade AND she's Special Ed certified so that qualifies her to teach all 3 boys! She is really nice and answered all the questions I had (and I had a lot.) Looking forward to getting to know her better and work with her. :)

I hope everyone has a great day today!

Jenny :)

The link is: http://www.onceamonthmom.com/.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

too hard to leave a comment

Betsy said...

I enjoyed your blog today. Maybe I have learned how to leave a comment :)

Jenny :) said...

Thanks Mama! <3